Thursday, January 20, 2011

Virgin

Well this is my virgin posting on my first blog. Interesting. I've always seen and read blogs by other, so I thought, "What the heck. I want to give this a try." So here I am. I want this to be a place that I post my random thoughts, my whining, my musing, my rants, and my silly stories. I know that I am an individual but so much of who I am and what I do in my life is determined by my children.
 "Bean" is my 11-year-old stepson. He's mine but on loan. He came to me ready made at almost 5 when I married his daddy. I love him as my own but yet it is a daily struggle to have a similar affectionate relationship with him that I have with my own blood child. He is in 6th grade now and we are all adjusting to the pre-teen middle school world.
"Monkey" is my 3 1/2 year old son. He is my pride and joy. I love getting to hang out with him and am constantly suprised at what his little mind comes up with. He is so much fun to talk to but he can be the biggest defiant brat at the same time. I don't know what I would do without him.
"June Bug" is my 7 month old baby girl. She is so different from her brothers. In some ways, she is a mini-me but in others she is a total stranger. It's been a challenge having another baby in the house but I am so blessed to have her as my own.
A little about me: I am 30 years old and have lived in 3 counties in GA in my entire life; where I grew up, where I went to college, and now where I live with my first grown-up job after college. I am a teacher and have been at the same school for nine years now. I'm in a comfortable spot in my career but the state of GA and my school board seemed determined to shake me out of it. Change is hard. Especially when one likes to sleep and doesn't have enough time.
I met my husband of six years at our church in the Singles Sunday School class. What an amazing way to meet the man of my dreams and love of my life. We are a lot alike and we have our differences but I would be utterly lost without him.
I long to be a better person, wife, mother, teacher, daughter, sister, and friend. Welcome to my journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment